Friday, January 23, 2015

Short submission possibilities!!



Sometimes we have to start small to reach our goals. Granted what may be small to some are rather large to others.

So. Here is what is going on right now with my dreams going into paper or in this case, a possible print!

I’m currently going to wrack my brain for ideas to submit to two fiction anthologies. One I will need to do a little more research on but I research all my writing. All writers spend hours and even days researching material be it the tiniest details to what they wore in the Edo period or every stand at the World’s Fair of 1939. I want to know these things. They make you a better writer.

I remember something I researched was human trafficking. For a story me and my friend were writing. I wanted it perfect. I read articles, watched documentaries, interviews…you name it. It was tragic and eye opening but at least I would know as much as I could. Though what I researched the most had to be the holocaust. I took a course on it in college to further my knowledge and even got to meet a real survivor. Now of course not everyone likes research. But to me it can be rewarding knowing that what you’re bringing to life may be a work of fiction but the dots of truth are very real.

The first fiction anthology is for Darkhouse and it has a fairly close deadline with a short word count of 2,500 to 7,500. So we got to make it juicy. Actually it’s about what I mentioned at the top, The World’s Fair.

 Now the second doesn't have a word count. My Favorite Apocalypse Published by TulipTreeis what I have to work with so I have a lot on my paws.

I've attached links for anyone else to send in submissions. I’ll also update at a later time when I’ve finished and sent in manuscripts!

Remember these may be small but it is getting your name out there. It will look good on a query letter to have something because having nothing can hurt you.

So get to writing!

Much love,

Lady Rika

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
-Vincent Van Gogh          


1 comment: